Foremost Security is committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors when visiting our website. This policy contains information about what happens to personal data you choose to provide, or we collect from you when you visit this site. We will periodically update this Policy, so please feel free to return and review it from time to time.
Legal Basis for processing personal data
To meet Foremost Security Ltd’s contractual obligations to clients, potential clients, employees, potential employees and suppliers.
By agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Foremost Security Ltd processing your data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing [email protected] or writing to us at the address given in our contact details.
We may on occasion pass your personal information on to other parties in order to process work on our behalf. These parties are required by us to process all information received according to our requirements and consistent with this privacy notice and the requirements of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
Information We Collect
When running and operating this website, we may collect and process data and/or information relating to you and your business and how you use this site. This will include:
- Details of visits to our website, the pages and resources that are accessed, traffic data, location data and other data that may help us in understanding how visitors use this website.
- Information that visitors provide to us, as a result of filling in a form located on our website.
- Information provided to us when our visitors communicate with us electronically for any reason.
Use of This Information
The information we collect is used to help us develop our website, but in addition, we may also use it for:
- Providing you with information relating to our website and the services you request from us.
- Providing you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you.
- Meeting our contractual obligations to you.
- Notifying you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect our website.
Storing Personal Data
Data provided to us is stored on our secure servers and in our cloud based back up system, which is GDPR compliant. Details relating to any transactions entered on our website will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud reduction and minimise credit risks.
Access to Information
We will act in accordance with the GDPR Regulations and Data Protection Act (DPA 2018) with requests for access to information as follows:
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data, which is commonly referred to as subject access.
- Individuals can make a subject access request verbally or in writing and we will respond within one month to a request.
- We will not charge a fee to deal with a request (in most circumstances).
- Individuals will have the right to correct information we hold, if they feel that it is incorrect.
Foremost Security will process personal data throughout the duration of any contract, employment or contact with prospective customers. This will be stored only for a restricted time, which is dependent upon its’ purpose:
- Business data related to a current contract will be kept for a further 7 years from the end of that contract
- Personal data related to a business contract will be removed within a year of termination of the contract.
- Employee data kept for 6 years from the end of employment
- Employee applicant data (not employed) kept for a maximum of 6 months
- Financial data kept for 7 years after the last financial transaction
- Paper based site documentation (log sheets, records etc) will be kept for a maximum of 4 years
- Marketing or potential customers data will be kept for a maximum of 2 years, if there is no response or transactions as a result of our marketing.
Individuals have the right to request that data be removed if they believe that its’ retention is no longer relevant.
What information do we collect using Cookies?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites including this one. You can find more information on deleting and controlling cookies at: https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
Third Party Cookies
Please note that during your visits to our website you may notice some cookies that are not related to us. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
You may also collect additional cookies if your use the Social Bookmarking links. You should refer to their websites for more information.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
This policy was updated on 6th June 2018.